Sunday, August 3, 2008

new button joolz are here!


We've just received several new pieces from Wisconsin artist Joan Sample, and they're fabulous! Joan works with new and vintage buttons and creates fun and funky pieces - sometimes whimsical, sometimes elegant. Joan and I met at an arts and crafts show in Sanibel, Florida this winter (both living in the north, we were escaping to warmer weather!) and I knew immediately that her work would be a hit with our JOOLZ customers.

Joan's work always draws attention and I hear comments such as "my mother used to have a big box of buttons that I would play with"...or, "I have a lot of old buttons, but I never knew what to do with them." Joan will make a custom piece using your own buttons - just bring them into JOOLZ and we will work with you and Joan to create a piece of wearable history.

Come take a look at Joan's earrings, woven bracelets and necklaces, and an extra-long piece that can be worn as a belt or a necklace. You'll see what fun they are to wear!





No comments: