Wednesday, August 6, 2008

how much is that doggie in the window?



It was unanimous. Not one single person I told could believe I was getting a dog. But I had finally found the perfect dog...no barking, no shedding, no jumping, no growling, no chewing, no slobbering, no "accidents." Most of my friends are dog people. Now I was going to be one, too!

I placed my order and was told that my dog was on backorder. Darn! I was ready to take the plunge. But I had to wait about 3 weeks for my dog to be delivered. Finally....today...it arrived. And I think it's perfect. Notice that it is an "it." I have been referring to it as a he, but I think I want it to be a she. After all, I do sell jewelry for women, and "she" could be a great model for some fabulous joolz.

I've placed her in the front window of the shop and I'm sure she'll draw some attention. (The photo above is her catalog glamour shot). She's a "dalmation" with black and white spots made from decoupaged playing cards. (If you visit our website (http://www.shopjoolz.com/), you can see that the decor of the shop is black and white with pops of vibrant contemporary art).

So now she needs a name. Suggestions are welcome, but as her owner, I do have veto power. And if you ask, "how much is that doggie in the window?" - I'll just have to say "she's priceless!"




No comments: