Saturday, August 15, 2009

adam rocked!

It's 11:30pm on Saturday evening, and I am just so jazzed!

As a surprise Mother's Day present, my husband lurked online and ordered tickets for the American Idol tour's stop in Rochester. Tonight was the night. I figured we'd be the oldest people there (we weren't) and that we'd be surrounded by 12 year olds screaming their heads off (we weren't). We were surrounded by 40 and 50-somethings screaming their heads off.

The show began with Michael Sarver, #10 this year, and progressed through #5 before taking a 20 minute break. The crowd was ready for the Top 4: Allison, Danny, Adam and Kris. Every time Adam's picture was shown in a video clip, the fans went wild. Wilder than for Kris. (Sorry, Olivia).

When Adam finally took the stage, electricity shot through the arena. His showmanship was amazing and he just galvanized the crowd. His vocals were strong (I had read that last night in Hamilton, Ontario, he was suffering from laryngitis - no evidence of that tonight) and he performed two of my favorites, "It's a Mad, Mad World" and "Slow Ride" with Allison. The crowd went crazy. I went crazy. I normally don't go anywhere near crazy!

Kris finished up, but the electricity was gone. Adam rocked!

And taken from the jumbotron:



This guy is the next Freddie Mercury. Iconic. Ready to be a superstar. You heard it here!

1 comment:

ghm56 said...

I agree...haven't felt this jazzed about a performer since 6th grade and The Beatles!