Saturday, March 12, 2011

on the job!



Yes, we're on vacation, but I am on the job! Today was my annual trip to the Bonita Bay Promenade for the March Bonita Springs National Art Festival. As you can see from the above photo, the weather was perfect - low 70's, with blue skies and abundant sunshine. The crowds were also abundant - I had a hard time finding a parking space and I got there 5 minutes after the gates opened.


Security was out in force, but this guy was already sitting down on the job. Watching all the shoppers go by can be exhausting:


Actually, the security guard is a life-size polyester and resin sculpture! Pretty amazing.


Jewelry artist Jayne DeMarcay was again at the show. I love her work, but unfortunately, she only sells retail through art shows:




I did discover a husband and wife jewelry-making team from Springfield, Illinois who work with stones and laminated glass, creating interesting pendants and necklaces. We'll try to bring them in once we have some space available, perhaps in the summer.


Meanwhile, I purchased a fun shadowbox collage for myself, entitled "Cowgirl Rules":




The RULES state that cowgirls

  • tell the truth
  • cry when they need to
  • are true to their partners
  • ride fast
  • shoot straight

Love it!







No comments: