Sunday, May 9, 2010

thanks, mom


My Mom has been gone a long time - she passed away in 1975 at the age of 55, after a 4-year fight (and I do mean fight) against breast cancer. She met my husband, one daughter-in-law and 2 of her 8 grandchildren. She would have loved to know the rest of her extended family. But her spirit lives on in her 3 children and their children, and now, in her one (so far) great-grandchild.

Mom always put family first and was a good and loyal friend to her many friends. She devoted a large part of her time to volunteer work, making Rochester a better place to live, for all its residents. She loved to travel, she loved music and art and she definitely inherited the "jewelry gene" from her mother and grandmother.

I, too, love to travel, love music and art and have inherited the "jewelry gene" from her. It's truly due to her that JOOLZ exists today, so thanks, Mom - for everything you did for me on earth and for everything you're doing for me from Heaven. I love you.

2 comments:

Blue Star CrossFit said...

This is so sweet Francie! I too know the "jewelry gene" you are talking about. It's a wonderful gift!

Unknown said...

"thanks, mom" indeed! Your post led me to give my mom a call and let her know how much her lessons are directly responsible for the success of the picture framing & stained glass shop my wife and I now own.