Sunday, May 17, 2009

please welcome kristin perkins


A while ago I found the work of Ypsilanti, Michigan artist Kristin Perkins while reading Karley Ziegler Mott's fun blog, Chic & Green. Karley had posted a picture of some smashing purple glass earrings and I was smitten. I explored a bit and contacted the artist.

Kristin began making jewelry in high school and now combines her training in metalwork with her passion for glass. She constructs all her own sterling silver fittings and findings and produces all her glass beads using a torch. The combination is a striking line of contemporary, clean-lined, easy-to-wear jewelry that makes a statement but will not break the bank. Her colors are pure and mainly translucent - more gorgeous in person than in these images...so you'll just have to come in to see them.


1 comment:

Karley Ziegler Mott said...

Kristin's pieces are exquisite. Chic meets modern. They are pieces you'll have forever but always look up to date. I am wearing a pair of her earrings today--purple and fuchsia circle drop earrings that I adore!

I look forward to driving down to Canandaigua soon to look at more earrings!

~Karley