Saturday, May 2, 2009

the facebook factor

Another amazing "how do you find your artists?" story...

Last Friday I put up a personal Facebook page and a JOOLZ Facebook page. My nephew Ted, a Marine 1st Lieutenant at Camp Lejeune, became a fan of JOOLZ. Within 24 hours, I heard from a friend of his, Brittany Wende, whose husband is in Ted's battalion. Brittany is a metalsmith who makes silver jewelry...and she was looking for a new outlet for her pieces. She sent me pix, I liked them, she sent me the actual joolz and today her pieces are on display at the store. How amazing and quick was that??

In a continuing small world connection, Brittany graduated from Texas Tech in Lubbock. Larry and I lived in Lubbock for a few years when he was an instructor pilot at Reese AFB and our first daughter was born there. Not six degrees to Kevin Bacon, but not far off.

So here is Brittany...


And here are a couple of Brittany's bracelets...





Come on in and see the rest of her work. It's interesting, well-constructed and very wearable.

No comments: