Sunday, April 26, 2009

learn as you go

This business has been a learn-as-you-go effort for me. While I've been aware of retail my whole life, I've only been a part of it for the last two years. In my past life I was a full-time mom, a community volunteer, an ambulance critical care tech and a registered nurse, whose first degree was in art history. Somehow all that came together to form JOOLZ, but there are many aspects of the business that I have to pick up as I go along.

One of those is viral marketing and advertising, which to my medical mind sounds almost pathologic but is instead a way for friends to tell friends about something through an internet connection. We all know that word of mouth is the best advertising and viral marketing is just another way to do that.

My weekend (no rest for the weary) has been spent trying to get up to speed on Facebook. While Don gave me a very good start, I've spent hours uploading, connecting, creating, etc. Now I've just heard from the advertising team at Facebook that my first JOOLZ ad has been accepted. It's targeted to women within 50 miles of Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse. If it shows up on your page, send me an email. I'd like to know if it catches your attention, cuz I'm still learning as I go...

No comments: