Sunday, February 15, 2009

how will i spend my winter vacation?

Lordy, lordy, it's finally vacation time!

Yesterday was our last day of business and today we put everything away, including all the velvet busts. No need to catch dust for 6 weeks. There's a "Gone Fishin'" sign on the door (no, not really) and my brain is already on vacation. What shall I do??

To begin with, I'm making French onion soup, straight from The Pioneer Woman's website. That Ree is a good cook and her onion soup recipe sounds yummy. The house is getting a little smelly, but in a good way. On the stove now, then into the oven, then back on the stove, then under the broiler. Can't wait to try it!

Also on the agenda....
  • really learn about Photoshop Elements (just downloaded it) so that I can tweak all the pix of joolz I am going to be taking for our online store
  • read lots and lots of good books. Post them all on Goodreads and share them with my friends
  • go through my folder of artists-in-waiting to see who we can bring in new to the mix
  • work with my web guy to get the online store up and running
  • spend some time in a warmer, no snow climate
  • visit with one of my best friends who lives far away but will be in that warmer, no snow climate at the same time as we are
  • go to a couple of art/craft shows to prowl for new artists
  • run through all the Tivo'd shows that are waiting to be viewed
  • go a week at a time without setting an alarm clock!

Sounds pretty darn good to me!


1 comment:

Total Delights said...

I am green with envy, your on vacation and I am still creating.