Saturday, December 12, 2009

just in time




Word of mouth - the very best way to find wonderful artists.

I received a postcard from Liaung-Chung Yen in November, inviting me to stop by his booth at the Memorial Art Gallery's Fine Craft Show. I made it a point to introduce myself to him when I was there, and asked how he had heard about JOOLZ. Turns out he worked as a goldsmith with another of our artists, Ayesha Mayadas, and is now out on his own. Ayesha suggested he contact me.


I loved his work the minute I saw it....mainly hand-fabricated 18K yellow gold pieces, some featuring sparkling diamonds. But the metalwork is the star, and his talent is obvious. He also has a design aesthetic that speaks to a woman's femininity -- florals, starbursts, and circles. It's classic but updated, a recurring theme from many of our artists.



Today Liaung came to Canandaigua to drop off some of his pieces, just in time for the holidays and Valentines Day. I fell in love with them all over again and look forward to sharing them with our customers. Hurry in or send in your designated shopper. These are some seriously gorgeous joolz.

No comments: